Montag, 13. Oktober 2014

Beetroot Soup for Autumn Days


Hello everybody,

I am back! :) Last week I've been totally occupied with the intensive week at my new university. It was really great but unfortunately my time to blog was severely limited (not to say non-existent).
However, I spent my whole Sunday with cooking and crafting, so I will be back to my normal blogging routine shortly... ;)
Today I want to share a recipe for a really good and nourishing beetroot soup. I love the red beets and think they are the perfect vegetable for cold autumn and winter days.



What you'll need (for 4 persons)
  • 1kg beetroots
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 garlic glove
  • about 3cm of fresh ginger
  • 200ml coconut milk (plus 4 tbsp. to garnish the soup)
  • 1l vegetable stock
  • salt and pepper
  • vegetable oil
  • some parsley leaves to garnish the soup

How it works 

The recipe for beetroots soup is really simple. Start out with peeling the beetroots, the onion, the garlic and the ginger. Then cut the beetroots into cubes and the onion, the garlic and the ginger into thin stripes.


Heat up some oil in a pot and roast the onion, the ginger and the garlic for a few minutes. Then add the beetroots and a teaspoon of salt. Add the vegetable stock and the coconut milk and cook the beetroots on low heat until they are soft.


Purée the soup with a hand-held blender and salt and pepper to taste.


Pour the soup into soup bowls and garnish each with a tablespoon of coconut milk (if you prefer a little sourer note you can also use sour cream) and some parsley leaves. Enjoy! :)


Have a great day!

Yours,
Steffi

PS: I also shared this recipe at the "Create & Share DIY and Recipe Party" on A Simple Pantry.


All images by Stefanie Reichl

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...