Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2014

Christmas Chocolate Crunchies in a Bottle

Hello everybody,

Are you already looking forward to Christmas? I totally am! I already started to decorate my apartment and I listen to my Christmas playlist all day long, which turns David a bit nuts already, as he is sort of a little Grinch. :D

Do you already have all of your Christmas presents? I don't, but I already came up with some ideas for small presents, which could also serve perfectly as host(ess) gifts for eventual Christmas parties. Among other things I decided to make "cookies in a jar" this year. Those can currently be bought everywhere in Vienna (even in interior decoration shops), but I thought it would be much nicer to make them oneself, also because then you can be sure which ingredients have been used. Here comes the instruction. :)

What you'll need
  • 30 g Cornflakes
  • 30 g dried apple rings (chopped)
  • 25 g almond slices
  • 1 tsp. gingerbread seasoning
  • 100 g dark chocolate (I used one with 72 % cocoa content)
  • green fabric
  • nice looking tag (I got mine out of the wonderful Flow Book for Paper Lovers)
  • pen
  • gift ribbon
  • hole puncher

How it works

Although the name suggest that you should use a jar for "cookies in a jar" I decided to go with a nice looking bottle instead, which I've already had at home. Weigh all of your ingredients and layer them in the following order: gingerbread seasoning, cornflakes, apple rings, almond slices and chocolate.


Cut out an about 15 cm x 15 cm square of the fabric. Cover the bottle cap with the square and fix it with gift ribbon. Then cut around the square to receive a regular appearance.


Write the cookie name and the instruction how to make the cookies on the tag. Instruction should be something like this: "Melt the chocolate over a pot of boiling water. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour the chocolate over the other ingredients and mix well. Use a teaspoon to shape the crunchies and put them on a piece of baking paper. Let the crunchies dry for about two hours. Done!" 


Punch a hole in the tag and fix it on the bottle.


Done! :)


Have a great evening!

Yours,
Steffi

PS: I also shared this post on Karly's lovely linky party on A Simple Pantry.
All images by Steffi Reichl

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...