Freitag, 28. Februar 2014

Our favourite movie music

Hey folks,

Katja already shared some very cool ideas for an Oscar party but of course you'll need some good music too. Therefore we made a little collection of our favourite movie songs (or at least of some of them... ;) ). We hope you'll enjoy listening!

Katja's favourite movie songs

Pulp Fiction (1994)
Chuck Berry: "C'est la vie"


"Ladies and Gentlemen, now is the moment you've all been waiting for. The Jack Rabbit Slim's Twist Contest!"

I just love this song. And John Travolta and Uma Thurmans dancing is just frequently copied but never equalled ;) Chuck Berry at his best!



Eat. Pray. Love (2010)
Josh Rouse: "Flight attendant"


I've been reading the book "Eat. Pray. Love" by Liz Gilbert lately and so I kind of had to watch the movie again as well. I really, really want to recommend the soundtrack at this place!

My favourite song is "Flight attendant" by Josh Rouse (in the scene where Liz meets David in the bar). I often love the simple things in music: this chilled-out, easy piano-riff is just so darling :)





Savages (2012)
Yuna: "Here comes the sun"


Well, if you put together a beatles song and the incredible talented Malaysian singer Yuna, only something really, really sweet can come out!

My dream is driving through Morocco with a VW bus, listening to this song when I'm on top of a cliff, watching the sun set above the sea..




The Beach (2000)
Moby: "Porcelain"


The Beach is one of my favourite movies ever. It's neither sophisticated nor critical, but it fulfills me everytime with a strong desire to just break out into the wild (see my feelings when listening to "Here comes the sun" above ;-))






Reservoir dogs (1992)
George Baker: "Little green bag"


Another Quentin Tarantino movie. I really have to admit that I would give my right arm for only one day with Tarantino's music collection!






The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)
David Bowie: Space Oddity


I'm not really a big David Bowie fan and I've heard "Space Oddity" when watching this movie for the very first time. But I felt in love with it instantly and ever since listened to it about 300 times I guess ;)






Le concert (2009)
Pjotr Iljitsch Tschaikowsky:
Violin Concerto in d-major, op. 35


I know. Sounds weird to put a violin concert into a "favourite film songs" list. But I love classical music and this piece is something very special to me. It seems like the soloist (in this great movie played by beautiful Mélanie Laurent) plays for her life.





O Brother, Where Art Thou (2000)
Soggy Bottom Boys: "Man of Constant Sorrow"


This is my favourite Coen brothers movie. The music is just incredible! And I was really shocked when I found out that the "Soggy Bottom Boys" don't really exist! The lead vocals are not by George Clooney, but by Dan Tyminski, a member of the band Union Station. But hell yeah - the guitar player for sure had to sell his soul to the devil for playing this kick-ass good!



Cruel Intentions (1999)
Aimee Mann: "You could make a killing"


This is my "i'm-in-a-bad-mood-but-everything-is-going-to-be-allright"-song.

Soothing, ain't it?








Toy Story (1995)
Randy Newman: "You've got a friend in me"


Finally a kid's movie! I swear I could do an own "favourit music songs" list with only kid's (especially Disney and Pixar) movies!

Randy Newman is a genius anyways and I really like this song.






Steffi's favourite movie songs

Blues Brothers 2000 (1998)
Aretha Franklin: "Respect"

I really like Aretha Franklin and her great, big voice. And although I think that Blues Brothers 2000 wasn't even half as funny as the original Blues Brothers movie from 1980, I think that the soundtrack was great however.
The Hunger Games (2012)
Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars: "Safe and Sound"

I already mentioned that I love the "The Hunger Games" movies in this post and although I am usually no great fan of Taylor Swift I have to admit that she did a really good job on this title song for the first Hunger Games movie. ;)  
Cruel Intentions (1999)
The Verve: "Bittersweet Symphony"

The "Cruel Intentions" soundtrack is one of my alltime favourites and I still like to listen to it from time to time although I have probably heard the songs for 500 times already...  
La Grande Belezza (2013)
Kronos Quartet: The Beautitudes

This may seem a little odd, but I didn't even see La Grande Belezza yet, although this piece of music definitely raised my motivation to do so by about 500%. 
We currently work on a choreography to this music in my dance class and I immediately fell in love with it. It's simply so beautiful!
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)
Of Monsters and Men: Dirty Paws

For me "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" was one of the best movies of last year! I felt extremely happy after watching it and I just wanted to grab my backpack and travel to Iceland or Greenland (or anywhere else ;) ).

500 Days of Summer (2009)
Regina Spector: "Us"

This is one of the cutest love movies in my opinion although it doesn't have a typical happy end like you would expect it.
The soundtrack is pretty cool too featuring songs by The Smiths, Regina Spector, Feist and many more. 


Garden State (2004)
Frou Frou: "Let Go"

"Garden State" is one of my favourite movies and the soundtrack is simply awesome! I even had to buy the CD twice because I killed my first one through heavy listening... ;)
Once (2006)
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova: "Falling Slowly" 

Another beautiful love movie and again packed with great music...

Drive (2011)
College feat. Electric Youth: "A Real Hero"

I think that Ryan "Babygoose" Gosling is currently one of the coolest actors in Hollywood. And a good one! Loved "Drive" and its soundtrack! 



The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
Radical Face: "We're on our way"

If you want to see a good film about adolescence you should definitely watch "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" based on the novel of the same name by Stephen Chbosky! I laughed and cried at the same time while watching that film...
Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)
"Please Mr. Kennedy"

This is another one of last year's greatest movies and I think it's kind of a tragedy that it wasn't nominated for the Oscar in any other relevant category than Cinematography. Oscar Isaac would have definitely deserved a nomination for best actor for his characterization of the struggling folk musician Llewyn Davis!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...